Wednesday 22 June 2011

Letting go.....

of old thoughts, beliefs, practices and doing is not as hard as it sounds.


    Summer solstice has come and gone and I did not one thing that I usually attempt to do to celebrate or at the minimum observe for this important sabbat.  It's not that I'd forgotten but simply chose not to do....


    I'm glad summer is finally OFFICIALLY here, the days are longer, so when I get home from work at 8:30 pm, it is not completely dark.  It is warm, both when I leave at 7:30 am or pm, so I don't have to cart around several changes of clothes.


   I've observed that people are generally appear happier in summer, whether it is due to the sun or vacation time, I can't say, but it does feel different.  They still complain about the weather - too hot, too muggy, too wet, but I believe complaining about the weather is a National Pastime, it doesn't matter the season, someone is always ready with a complaint or two.  I think the weather is what it should be, we are very fortunate with our mild, relatively normal weather patterns.  I'd hate to be a Winnipegger!!  They can't seem to EVER catch a break in the weather, no matter the season.


    So Happy Summer to all, Solstice celebrants or not.  Enjoy your sun, your heat and thunderstorms!


Learn to let go with ease and simplicity.  It is like the weather, you can't change it, so just enjoy it.

1 comment:

Lois said...

Mathew did a tarot reading for me, and that's all I did for the solstice this year. I thought about it a lot, though. We Canadians are a weird bunch, always complaining about weather. ;)