Wednesday 6 July 2011

Happy Days

  .... are just here and now.  Loving being off work and hanging out at home.  Sitting on the deck or swimming in the pool.  Even having my mother here overnight.  Made cookies today to show my family that I still love them.

    It has been a long few months, no REAL health concerns but feeling unhappy about work and letting it fall into the laps of my family.  I feel so much happier just being home and not having to worry about all the varied situations at work.  I know I need to find a new scenario at work or a new work scenario.  I am thinking of a job share, at least temporarily.  It would mean a big change, working half as much, but also earning half as much.  However a sound and happy mind would definitely be worth it.

Going camping in a few days for 3 days, up at Craigleigh Provincial Park, one of our favourite spots.  It has a shale beach and can be a lot of fun if there are waves. The water is very clean with no sand and one can see very well underwater.

                     Collage from our Craigleith trip in 2006, Beach and Scenic Caves

I image we will still "rock bungee" - a game that the boys made up on our first trip there six years ago.   The levels of shale go out for 20 meters or so, then abruptly drop down a foot or two.  They do this several times and eventually we reach a point where we can stand up but the next level down drops us way over our heads and the water is so cold at the bottom but still very clear. So we carry out large rocks to the deepest we can still stand then dive down, letting the big rock pull us down to the cold water, then try to push off the bottom to get back to the top before our air runs out.  So much fun!

Now that I've written it down, it sounds a little scary too, but that is part of the fun.  No one is allowed to rock bungee without a buddy, and we parents are always close by.  I guess now that I am the shortest the whole parent thing is less important but the buddy thing is still a good idea.  Sometimes you can get turned around down deep and the waves can push you out further, so a helping hand close by is nice and reassuring.

4 comments:

Lois said...

Good morning Hayley! I'm at work, sigh. Long week. Oh well. When can we get together on a weekend? Can we borrow your trailer in August for a few days? Can I come swim in your pool? Thursday questions. :) Take care and have fun camping, stay cool.

Hayley said...

Hi! ugh "WORK" the dirty four letter :(
The trailer is available pretty well all of August, not the last weekend, but let us know your dates.
You are always welcome to come and play in my pool!! :) It has been hovering between 79 - 82 lately, very nice.
We are here July 23 and 24 (Sunday is better), you are welcome to come hang out. Also, July 30/31 as far as I know and then again Aug. 13/14 and 20/21. Terry is going to take the boys to visit his family, but has not provided me with a date so far.

Lois said...

The day stretches on... Anyway, on happy note : Our holidays are between the 15 - 19 of August. We would love to borrow your trailer and would treat it like a precious member of our family. How about July 30th weekend? We are seeing my sister on the 23rd. That is the long weekend, are you sure you're free? L

Hayley said...

I just sent you an email instead of going through this. More private? Dunno, but should be in your email.