Monday 4 April 2011

I really wanted to show....

.... my photos of my purple crocuses from Saturday.  It was a fairly nice day, a little sun, a little warmth and second son Sam was home for a few hours.  We were outside as he needed to change his winter tires to summer ones, actually one of the biggest reasons he came home.  All of a sudden I noticed that a few of the earliest spring flowers had started to bloom and more were on the way. Unfortunately, I can't get the photos to upload today. 


     Here is a photo from the internet, very similar but I don't have nearly so many.  Wish I did!!



    I know this means that Spring has officially arrived, but the weather does get rather frustrating.  Yesterday evening, we had SNOW!!  Mind you it all melted by morning, but still did put a damper on my spirits.  On Saturday while the sun was still shining and my enthusiasm was high, I dug out our deck furniture, the table and chairs, all in hopes of basking in some afternoon warmth.  However, it shortly clouded over and turned a wee bit too chilly to sit and enjoy the air.  I'm not asking for much, mid-teens and sun, but today it just rained - Boo!  
    Well we all know that April showers bring May flowers, but holy cow, let's turn up the temperature!!


Here are two photos from my wee garden.

And another view.



No comments: