Thursday 24 March 2011

And now for some input....

     So, now it is Day 2 and I'm back here trying to learn new lingo and how to maneuverer in this new environment.  I usually like learning but as I age, it gets trickier with each new technology.
     So far, I've found pretty new "wallpaper", but it is no longer called that....hmmm, many years ago, my dear friend and I set up a messageboard, and there the background was called "wallpaper" and I loved our pretty wallpaper backgrounds on each page.
     Now to add a photo or two ..... these are from our recent trip to Ottawa on March break.

This is eldest son, Benjamin (23) sporting a "Green Lantern" shirt, 
myself and my hubby, Terry - he is the one with the goatee.

Guess where we are??


Were you right?

We are sitting in the "Peace Tower" observation deck.
 It is right below the clock on the center block of our Parliament building in Ottawa.
The views from all four directions were very lovely.


Now I photograph the scene, in front of Parliament and the Centennial Flame,
there is Terry, Benjamin and third son, Jacob (age 15).

What is the Centennial Flame all about? 
On January 1, 1967, Lester B. Pearson launched Canada's 100th anniversary celebrations by lighting the Centennial Flame for the first time. Surrounded by the shields of the Canadian provinces and territories, and joined by the water of the fountain, the Centennial Flame symbolizes Canada's unity from sea to sea.
The years inscribed on the border of the fountain, indicate when the province or territory joined Confederation.

     We loved the trip to our Parliament Building: the Peace Tower, the War Memorial and the free guided tour of Parliament.  Too bad Noah, our youngest son, age 13,  refused to join us - so he went to the Rideau Centre Mall on his own.  Samuel (age 21) wanted to take the tour but had to work that day at his student placement at the Ottawa Airport.
  

No comments: