Wednesday 23 March 2011

Today is the first day of the rest of your life.........

.... and so it begins.  This is my first post to this new arena.  I am not familiar with the landscape here in "Blog-land", but will soon adapt.

     As I walked into my shared office a few days ago, I was more than a little surprised and delighted to find those words:

     Today is the first day....
                              of the rest of your life.

pasted up on the wall.  It was a breath of fresh air and I felt happy and inspired to be at work for the first time in a long while.  A couple of our new, young, temporary counsellors had found this expression printed on easy peel-able paper and stuck it up.  It is meant to inspire us, as well as our clients - we counsel those in detox and treatment from addiction to drugs and alcohol.  It is a diverse population and we tackle a variety of other life problems that tend to accompany these people so afflicted. It is an interesting job, but can be very difficult at times. I've been at this work for more than seven years now and have met a diverse population with even more varied range of life problems and experiences.  I have grown and am grateful for many of these people that have touched my life.  I have gratitude and hope that I can lead a life of grace.


No comments: