Tuesday 29 March 2011

You know that your life is bursting with excitement....

... when you are extremely excited to find a new cereal at the grocery store.  Not just any store but Costco.  Yes, I am a proud member of this elitist store, I am a card carrying member and I shop proudly.  Unfortunately, I also shop expensively.  Everything is in bulk and we only go every few months, so our receipt has never been below $250, usually more in the four to six hundred dollar range.  Mostly we just get groceries and the odd gift, but there are so many interesting things that Terry gently tells me I need to leave behind.  I do tend to get a wee bit carried away by the excitement of the offerings, but need to be reminded that we really can't afford to let whimsy get the better of me.
     Back to the cereal, very practical and necessary item for our pantry.  Costco often has the new cereals before the mainstream stores or at least the Food Basics where we do our mundane shopping.  We are a family of cold cereal eaters, morning, noon, and bedtime, and any other time we need a quick snack.  We go through cereal by the box-loads - (small pun there) - so a new cereal to add to our already large variety is bound to garner some notice.
    Oh, yes, the actually name of said wondrous cereal, it really is quite delicious and fun to eat - is by Post "Cherry Almond Crunch".  The box reads "sun-ripened cherries, oat clusters, sliced almonds and multigrain flakes".  I have been eating it for over a week now, it is a very large box, and absolutely enjoying every bite.
     Ah, cereal, a simple, yet necessary, joy in my life.



     What is too funny, is that this cereal has been reviewed and is posted on Amazon.  It has a 4.5 rating and others are raving about it as well!!

1 comment:

Lois said...

This made me smile.